Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chapter 3








Chapter 3





Said by Nick:


"There was music from my neighbor's house through the summer nights" (43).



The significance of this quote is that at Jay Gatsby's parties you are always assured a great time.









Said by Jordan:


"This is much too polite for me" (49).



The significance of this quote is to show Jordan's awareness on how fake people were acting.









Said by Lucille:


"...When i was here last i tore my gown on a chair, and he asked me my name and address-inside of a week i got a package from Croirier's with a new evening gown in it" (47).



The significance of this quote shows how wealthy Gatsby is. He has a lot of family inherited money and does not necessarily care what he spends it on. He is just an overall nice man.









Said by Gatsby:



"I'm Gatsby. I thought you knew, old sport. I'm afraid I'm not a very good host" (52).



The significance of this quote is to show that people go to Gatsby's parties and they don't know him and he usually does not know them either.













Analysis Of The Picture



This picture is significant because it represents all the people that attend Gatsby's parties. The people that attend Gatsby's parties have no name and no distinctive features. For example there are people in this story, such as the undergraduate and Owl Eyes. They are introduced in to the story but their real names are not revealed because they are such irrelevant characters and have little significance. These characters get the title of nameless because they have little importance in the book.











Analysis.



Chapter analysis of the car wreck. In the begining of the story there is a car accident. There are a few people involved and they do not at first realize that they had even crashed. When the man finally realizes that he was in a car wreck he steps out of the car and starts to walk away. He is so careless that he was not even going to report that there had been a crash. He is a danger to himself and other people. There was a passanger in the car that was so drunk, he did not even remember who was driving the car. Also, the stupidity of the driver for walking away fromthe scene of the accident just shows how stupid and careless some people really are.





Lyrics





Gwen Stafani-Crash



Back it up, back it up You got it, you got it Put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up You got it, you got it



Drive back baby to me, fast in your car I'm here waiting, crash into me real hard [2x]



I wander round the room and I'm getting things ready I picture you driving, just like Mario Andretti I got the cush, Kettle One, waiting for your engine Your Grand Prix attention, it's gonna be a party



Don't forget to make a U-turn I see you left your blinker on I got it rolled and ready here to burn Meet me back at home (a-oh, a-oh)



Drive back baby to me, fast in your car I'm here waiting, crash into me real hard [2x] Driving fast in your car I've got you tracked on my radar, oh



It's just such a trip, how you're still my speed racer You got me so addicted, just like a free-baser I want you all over me like L.A.M.B. So get here A.S.A.P., it's gonna be a party



Don't forget to make a U-turn (don't forget to get here) I see you left your blinker on (you see, I want to get it on) I got it rolled and ready here to burn Meet me back at home (you know you need me so come back) Drive back baby to me, fast in your car I'm here waiting, crash into me real hard [2x]



Now you know you're qualified You're in the pole position Put it in first gear, step on the pedal and drive fast Back it up, back it up You got it, you got it Back it up, back it up You got it, you got it Put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up You got it, you got it Put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up You got it, you got it



(I'm ready for you) Drive back baby to me, fast in your car (Me and you boo) I'm here waiting, crash into me real hard (Don't make me wait too long) Drive back baby to me, fast in your car (For me and you boo) I'm here waiting, crash into me real hard



Come on baby, please hurry up, you know I'm waiting for you [4x]





these lyrics relate to when Owl-eyes drove a car in to a dich and didn't even attempting to try to drive. Then he tries to convince every one that you can get a three wheeled car out of a ditch.



No comments: